info@bhandariautomobile.com
91 33 6622 1100
 

The Group

Read More

Brands & Products

Read More

Value Added Services

Read More

Bhandari network

View Network
 
History

Bhandari & Sons was incorporated in the early 60’s by Mr. Vijay Singh Bhandari and his brothers. A small business family from a small town in West Bengal called Kharagpur. Back then it was a bustling railway town with huge influence of the British way of life. This led them to take up a number of dealerships for Kinetic, Phillips and Godrej in its early years. They also had railway contracts etc.

In 1979 Tata Motors offered its range of commercial vehicles dealership to Mr. Vijay Singh Bhandari for the district of Midnapore. In the same year Bhandari Automobiles Pvt. Ltd. was born. With limited resources and few helping hand Bhandari Automobiles started its journey in the automobile industry. He took the dealership from Kharagpur to Calcutta to give his children and his business a better identity. Exploring the vast opportunities that the city of Calcutta had to offer he setup a small office.

The company saw a change in pace when Mr. Vijay Singh Bhandari’s elder son Mr. Sanjay Bhandari joining the business in the year 1984. A qualified CA he in his early years decided that growth was the only way of survival. He invested in infrastructure, manpower and systems which led to a growth in the company’s image with the manufacturer as well as the customers it served.

In the year 1999 Bhandari group moved out of the consumer durables space while it was on top and ventured into the Maruti Suzuki dealership. It was a strategic decision to become a full- time auto dealer and have the entire range from passenger cars to commercial vehicles.1

Copyright 2013 Powered By VTPL All Rights Reserved.